Program 1101, Olympic Weightlifting Novice
Olympic Weightlifting Training Program, 2 Days per Week, 10 Weeks, for competition preparation AND skill development. Suitable for athletes with 6-12 months experience.
This 10-week novice Olympic Weightlifting program suits athletes (6-12 months experience) training twice per week, and who are working towards their first or second competition. Although this a program for competition preparation, it still allows for a high focus on skill development as needed by novice athletes.
This program use a combination of percentages and perceived exertion ratings to guide the athlete in regard to training intensity (heaviness of the bar).
The document is 29 pages in printable PDF format. Click on the thumbnail below to see a sample training session.
The features of this program are:
- Instructions on how to implement the program.
- Guidance on how to get the most out of training sessions.
- Illustrations of exercises
- Explanation of the use of percentages and perceived exertion ratings.
- Guidance on the format of training (sets and reps).
- Coaching tips on how to perform each exercise in the schedule.
- A chart of flexibility exercises.
- A chart of core strength exercises.
- Access to a free online course that provides narrated videos and textual information for the majority of exercises and skill drills in the program. See Curses on the menu of this website.
If you need further assistance, you can email: email@example.com and/or buy the book “Coaching Weightlifting Illustrated” written by Lionel Isaac, who is the author of training programs on this site. See biography of Lionel (Leo) Isaac.
Competition Preparation AND Skill Development
2 sessions per week
Expert support available by email. Video meetings are also available but additional AUD $25 per half hour.