Program 4101, Olympic Weightlifting Program
This 10-week 5-days per week Olympic Weightlifting training program is designed to prepare the athlete for competition at the end of the specified period.
This 10-week, 5 days per week Olympic Weightlifting training program is designed to prepare the athlete for competition at the end of the specified period. This is an advanced training program and athletes committing to training 5 days per week should have not less than 3 years of experience, have a coach, and understand the importance of maintaining wellness.
This program prescribes training intensity for all exercises by using percentages of personal best Snatch or Clean and Jerk. Guidance on the appropriate training volume is provided by a volume chart and the use of a simple-to-read system of codes.
Features of this program are:
- Prepares the athlete for competition in 10 weeks.
- A balanced schedule of exercises for each of the 48 training sessions in the program.
- A prescription of training intensity and volume for each exercise.
- Access to a free online course that provides video and textual explanations of key coaching points for exercises.
- Recommendations for warm-up and flexibility exercises.
- Illustration charts for recommended core strength training and flexibility exercises.
- Further assistance via the email address of the author inside the document.