Probably every athlete starts out with very little idea of what it takes to be successful in a sport and to a large extent it is the responsibility of coaches to drip feed this knowledge when opportunities present.
Where are you in this athlete commitment structure?
The Level 1 Olympic Weightlifting Athlete
- Finds interest in the sport of Olympic Weightlifting and generally responds well to being coached
- Attendance at training is not regular and suffers too frequently from life events and other motivations
- Purpose of training is not Olympic Weightlifting specific, i.e. engages in Olympic Weightlifting to make progress in another sport
- Does not have a plan for participating in Olympic Weightlifting competitions through the year
- Has difficulty completing their Olympic Weightlifting training program due to lack of productivity or lack of attendance
- Not yet keeping a Olympic Training log or possessing any records of personal bests
- Is not aware of the need to support other Olympic Weightlifting Club Athletes or help out at Olympic Weightlifting competitions